Parents are the Key
As a parent, you have the greatest influence over your teenager's behavior. In fact, leading experts believe parents play a key role in preventing teen car crashes and deaths. StreetSafe is unique in its focus on parental involvement because we realize you are crucial to making a difference in your teen's driving. Our parent sessions are designed to give parents the tools and support they need to manage their young drivers. We also provide important information about teen car insurance to help you understand how to protect yourselves and your families. Parents will hear from judges, insurance agents, law enforcement, and the offenders and victim families of those involved in fatal Motor Vehicle Crashes.
Motor vehicle crashes can happen to anyone—even "good" teens. ALL new drivers lack experience and are, therefore, likelier to crash. Take these proven steps to reduce serious injury and death:
- Extend your teen's supervised driving period.
- Set the rules of the road.
- Enforce the rules with a parent-teen agreement.
- Enroll in the StreetSafe Lifesaving Driving Experience today.
- Teen drivers are three times likelier to be in a fatal crash than older drivers.
- Crash risk goes up when teens drive with other teens in the car. Nearly two out of three teen crash deaths that involve 16-year-old drivers happen when a new driver has one or more teen passengers.
- Night-time fatal crash rates for 16-year-olds are nearly twice as high as daytime rates.
Return to the Life Saving Driving Experience Classes Page.